HOW TO REMOVE HEAVY GROUT HAZE FROM TILES
To remove heavy grout haze from ceramic, porcelain or tessellated tiles. What is grout haze ? Grout Haze is a powdery residue that is left on the tiles after grouting. This occurs if the clean up isn’t thorough during the installation process. The longer grout haze is allowed to stay on the tiles, the harder it will then become to remove. Grout haze can leave tiles looking dull and dirty and over time can start to catch dirt therefore making the tiles or stone dirty.
OxiTreat+ formulated with latest, cutting edge ActivePlus™ technology, is a professional grade, fast acting, concentrated acid cleaner, degreaser and commercial grade disinfectant. Formulated to kill odours, disinfect, sanitise plus remove in ground dirt, remove grout haze, light epoxy grout haze, cement smear, efflorescence, pencil, rust, grime, soap scum, bore water stains, mould & mildew. Helps inhibit mould growth. Ideal for areas that have been neglected or subject to heavy use. For indoor, outdoor, domestic & commercial areas e.g. hotels, shopping centres, resorts, restaurants, apartments etc Safe for food floor preparation areas.
+ Ideal for Cementitious, Latex Modified Grout
+ Helps Remove Existing Grout Haze and Latex Film
+ ActivePlus™ Antibacterial Action & Commercial Grade Disinfectant
+ Kills Odours, Bacteria and Germs. Cleans, Disinfects and Sanitises
+ Highly Concentrated Heavy Duty Acid Formula – Dilution from 1:20
+ Cleans Grout Haze, Dirt, Grime, Soap Scum, Rust, Efflorescence etc
+ Kills E-Coli & S Aures – Passes TGA Test for Commercial Disinfectant
- Read entire label, SDS and technical bulletin before using;
- Wear appropriate gloves, skin and eye protection;
- Do NOT breathe fumes, mist, vapours or spray or kneel in product;
- Use when surface temperature is between 4°C & 32°C;
- Do NOT allow contact with acid sensitive surfaces;
- Do NOT mix in metal containers or with other chemicals;
- May affect dark grouts, grout colorants & polished surfaces;
Always add OxiTreat+ to clean water to prevent splashing.
- Sweep, vacuum, or wipe surface;
- Dilute depending on cleaning requirements;
- LIGHT CLEANING & DISINFECTING
RATIO 1:20 – 1 part OxiTreat+ to 20 parts water
(200ml OxiTreat+ to 3800 ml water = 4 litres cleaner)
- MODERATE CLEANING & DISINFECTING
RATIO 1:10 – 1 part OxiTreat+ to 10 parts water
(370 ml OxiTreat+ to 3630 ml water = 4 litres cleaner)
- HEAVY DUTY CLEANING & DISINFECTING
RATIO 1:5 – 1 part OxiTreat+ to 5 parts water
(670 ml OxiTreat+ to 3330 ml water = 4 litres cleaner)
- EXTREME CLEANING & DISINFECTING
RATIO 1:2 – 1 part OxiTreat+ to 2 parts water
(1.30 L OxiTreat+ to 2.70L water = 4 litres cleaner)
- LIGHT CLEANING & DISINFECTING
- Carefully apply diluted solution to surface;
- Allow minimum dwell time of 10 minutes;
- DON’T ALLOW PRODUCT TO DRY ON SURFACE – ADD MORE;
- Scrub with a white nylon pad, scrub brush or scrub machine;
- Remove the dirty solution with a wet vac or mop;
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water;
- Repeat the process as necessary
Note: Some areas may require longer dwell time and/or stronger solution.
Note A: Do not use OxiTreat+ on marble, limestone, travertine or on other acid-sensitive tile or stone.
Note B: Use MicroScrub to remove grout haze from polished natural stone & acid sensitive surfaces – see Problem Solver #3.
Note C: For high solids latex modified grouts mixing OxiTreat+ and Strip-It may be required. See Problem Solver #4
Note D: Heavy grout haze or grout haze older than 10 days may require multiple applications or a stronger dilution of OxiTreat+
- These recommendations are intended as general guidelines for Problem Solving.
- The actual product dilution ratios and cleaning requirements may vary depending on the use, amount and method of application.
- Read entire Product Label, SDS and Technical Bulletin before using any product.
- ALWAYS TEST A SMALL AREA to determine the ease of application, dilution, dwell time & desired results.
- Keep surface clean and dry to reduce possibility of slip-fall accidents.