How To Remove Grout Haze from Natural Stone
Step by step instructions to remove grout haze from natural stone, encaustic and terrazzo tiles plus other acid sensitive surfaces. What is grout haze ? Grout Haze is a powdery residue that is left on the tiles after grouting. This occurs if the clean up isn’t thorough during the installation process. The longer grout haze is allowed to stay on the tiles, the harder it will then become to remove. Grout haze can leave tiles looking dull and dirty and over time can start to catch dirt therefore making the tiles or stone dirty.
MicroScrub is a safe yet powerful biodegradable abrasive cleaner. Formulated with the latest Nano-AQS™ technology. MicroScrub will effectively remove most factory applied porcelain wax, floor finishes, light grout haze residue (including light epoxy grout haze), surface pencil marks, rubber, rust, mineral deposits, light soap scum & sealer residue. Can also be used to boost the performance of any cleaner or problem solver. Ideal to safely abrade away dirt & grime from heavily textured, hard to clean surfaces. Will not affect any penetrating type sealer. Non-flammable, non-toxic , no acids & NO VOC’s.
USE: On all natural stone, ceramic, porcelain, encaustic tiles, concrete, pavers etc
- Removes wax, grout haze and floor finishes
- Also sealer residue and surface rust
- Removes dirt from textured surfaces
- Safe on all natural stone, porcelain and ceramics
- Read entire label, SDS & product Technical Bulletin before using;
- Wear appropriate skin & eye protection;
- Use when surface temperature is between 4°C & 32°C;
- Take care when using on soft or polished stone & do NOT allow product to come in contact with any non-recommended surfaces;
- Take care when using on dark coloured grout or stone;
- Sweep, vacuum, or wipe surface;
- Pre-wet surface and grout joints with clean water;
- Pour approx 1-2 cups of MicroScrub to the pre wet surface;
- Immediately scrub the surface with a white nylon pad, scrub brush, broom or scrub machine – no dwell time required;
- For vertical surfaces, pre-wet surface by spraying water from a spray bottle then apply MicroScrub directly to a white nylon pad then scrub;
- DO NOT ALLOW PRODUCT TO DRY ON THE SURFACE;
- Remove the dirty solution with a wet vac or mop;
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water;
- Repeat as necessary.
NOTE: If using MicroScrub as a booster to a Cleaner or Problem Solver, follow the directions of that product and then add MicroScrub to the standing solution just before scrubbing. Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
HOW TO VIDEO
- These recommendations are intended as general guidelines for Problem Solving.
- The actual product dilution ratios and cleaning requirements may vary depending on the use, amount and method of application.
- Read entire Product Label, SDS and Technical Bulletin before using any product.
- ALWAYS TEST A SMALL AREA to determine the ease of application, dilution, dwell time & desired results.
- Keep surface clean and dry to reduce possibility of slip-fall accidents.