How To Re-Colour and Seal Stained and Blotchy Grout
Step by step instructions to rejuvenate or re-colour stained, blotchy and uneven coloured grout.
COLOUR’N’SEAL is a one-part premium grout colourant utilising a NanoPlus™ Waterbourne Modified Epoxy formula to re-colour, renew, revive, and seal existing grout. For wall, floor, indoor, outdoor, domestic and commercial areas. Professional Grade.
USE: Use on textured, sanded, un-sanded and epoxy grout for a sealed, even coloured, new look grout joint.
- Re-Colour, Rejuvenate and Seal Existing Grout Joints
- Maximum Stain Resistance Against Oil, Grease, Food and Grime
- Waterborne Epoxy Formula – Inhibits Mould and Mildew Growth
- For Wall, Floor, Indoor, Outdoor, Domestic and Commercial Areas
- Read label, SDS and technical bulletin before using;
- Wear gloves & eye protection;
- Ensure existing grout sits lower than the tile;
- Grout must be textured, clean, COMPLETELY dry & free from any sealers and coatings;
- Use when surface is between 4°C & 28°C;
- When using contrasting colours, more than 1 coat might be needed – allow 2 hours between each coat.
- If using more than 1 bottle of a single colour, mix all bottles together in a large container to ensure uniform colour. Check batch before-hand;
- Textured or porous surfaces require more care when
applying Colour’N’Seal. Check for staining and ease of clean-up before-hand;
- For Shower areas, use a moisture meter to help determine when the grout is COMPLETELY dry and ready to apply Colour’N’Seal;
- SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING;
- Apply a small amount of product directly onto grout;
- Work the product along the grout joint in a scrubbing motion using a Colourant Applicator Brush or a kid sized toothbrush – ensure a thin even coat and limit amount of product on tile surface for easier clean up;
- Immediately wipe off any excess off tile surface with a slightly damp chamois or cloth or paper towels;
- DO NOT ALLOW TO DRY ON TILES FOR MORE THAN 30 MINUTES AS CLEAN-UP WILL BECOME DIFFICULT.
Colour’N’Seal is NOT a waterproofing agent. Do not use in under water or pooling water situations or areas subject to hydrostatic pressure. Spills should be wiped up immediately to help minimise staining. Colour swatches on marketing material are only indicative and can vary due to printing and screen resolution. Colour and shade variation can occur depending on batch, job site, lighting, surface and surrounding conditions;
If Colour’N’Seal has dried on tiles then spray a fine mist of water. Allow to stand for 3-5 minutes then scrub tiles with a white pad (DO NOT SCRUB IN JOINT).
- These recommendations are intended as general guidelines for Problem Solving.
- The actual product dilution ratios and cleaning requirements may vary depending on the use, amount and method of application.
- Read entire Product Label, SDS and Technical Bulletin before using any product.
- ALWAYS TEST A SMALL AREA to determine the ease of application, dilution, dwell time & desired results.
- Keep surface clean and dry to reduce possibility of slip-fall accidents.