All About Sealers – How they Work and What To Expect
Different surfaces have different requirements in order to keep their beauty and integrity.
Sealers Plus offers Professional Grade Sealers to provide either a natural look or a colour enhanced look.
WATER BASED OR SOLVENT BASED – WHICH IS BETTER?
The solvent and water only serve as “carriers” to help transfer the actual “sealer” into the porous stone, tile or grout. It is the quality of the polymer used in the sealer that dictates the quality, lifespan and performance. Water based sealers like Aqua-Seal Gold+ incorporate the latest C6 Fluoroploymer technology which outperform conventional solvent based sealers.
BENEFITS OF WATER BASED SEALERS:
- LOW VOC
- Non Toxic
- Non Yellowing
- Non Flammable
- Safe and Easier To Use
- UV & Chemical Resistant
- Utilise Latest Polymer Technology
HOW SEALERS WORK
Porous surfaces like stone, tile and grout can stain quickly and the stain can become deep, making it harder to remove. By sealing the surface, you reduce the porosity therefore slowing down how quickly the surface will stain (reaction time) and how deep the stain can travel. Sealers are not stain proof or water proof however by sealing the porous surface you help protect the surface from staining and also make the ongoing maintenance easier. The Sealers Plus range of Professional Grade Sealers are formulated to provide either a good, better or best type of performance based on the needs of the customer. The better the sealer then the better the protection, the longer the reaction time and the longer the life span of the sealer. Our Sealers are breathable (allow moisture vapour transmission), are UV Resistant and use the latest most innovative and safest technology available to provide the best protection against both water and oil based contaminants.
WHAT SEALERS WILL DO
Penetrating sealers will:
- Allow the sealed surface to breath;
- Help Inhibit Mould and Mildew growth;
- Make cleaning and ongoing maintenance easier;
- Help reduce Efflorescence, Salt Damage and Mineral Blooming;
- Make the grouting clean up process easier (when used as a pre-sealer)
- Minimise staining from oil, food grease, grime and other water or oil based contaminants;
- Minimise staining from grout and adhesive during installation (when used as a pre-sealer).
WHAT SEALERS WON’T DO
Penetrating sealers will NOT:
- Last forever;
- Make your installation “Stain Proof”;
- Allow you to use any cleaner you want;
- Make your installation “Maintenance Free”;
- Change the character of a freeze-thaw or salt sensitive stone;
- Stop etching on calcium-based stone form acid based contaminants.